Wednesday, January 8, 2014

SOC

Tonight I am taking a break from birthday cards. I thought I would follow along with a new challenge over at SOC
 
Let's make one of our most meaningful albums ever. This year, it's about you...meaningful, beautiful, wonderful YOU! This challenge will focus more on the journaling and the story, not just the photos. It will have you remembering feelings and days gone by. You'll reflect and learn. You may laugh, you may cry but one thing is for sure you WILL have an AMAZING, MEANINGFUL keepsake at year's end.
Here is how it will work. Every 1st and the 15th of each month, I will pose a question in the SOC Community here

Jan 1 - 15 Question 1:  When and where were you born? Journal about it, create your page. Give some details if you have any.  Share your creation. 

 
Ok I was born in OKLAHOMA and still live in Okla but we also have our retirement home in Kansas since hubby is from KS. I used my silhouette to cute out the OK frame. I had this paper kit in my stash some yrs from CTMH it is a page kit and since my word for this yr is Peace I want to just simplify my scrapping as best as I can and try to participate in as much as I can and use up stuff I wouldn't dare give away since it is so yucky....I don't know why I ordered this pack and I have another one in maroon :( 
 
any way this page kit is 9x9 and I will have to make a binder cover for it hopefully this weekend. I used one of those camera wood veneers that I had to have and colored it with my copic then used my stella wink pen to give it a little spark . I used some red washi tape on my baby picture to finish off the page.
 
Second challenge to myself is another one on SOC
My Life is a project
 
I started last yrI  bought so many kits and never completed a book (Only my cricut cruise one) but this yr I am really going to try not to buy as much and use more
 
 
Welcome! This event is for participants who are interested in completing a Project Life Album.

Your Album, Your Pictures, Your Design, YOUR LIFE!!!!

Your album is all about your life. You can journal daily, weekly or however you choose. It's all up to you.
These pages fit the simple stories album but I will have to go to a 12x12 I have so many pictures of this little guy already
 
Well time to get back to the birthday cards
 
Be Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my blog...have a bless one

Special Delivery

 I know it has been such a long time since I have posted and I will not promise myself I will do better because I said that before and look ...